Monday, September 28, 2009

All Corners of the World in One Hostel

This past weekend there was a reunion with all of the AFS exchange students in San Jose, and it was one of the best weekends I've had so far. I loved talking to students from other countries (especially Germany) about their Costa Rican experience. I found that the majority of students are experiencing the same feelings as I. Interestingly, we were all speaking Spanish to eachother, whereas at the first meeting the common language was English.
During the reunion, we stayed in hostels. I had never been in a hostel before, but it was really cool! It wasn't at all like the damp cement walls I pictured; it had billiards, a lounge, and a nice kitchen. I will definitely be using more hostels in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment