Wednesday, August 19, 2009

San Jose Revisited


Yesterday, Seline and I had to go to San Jose to get fingerprinted for our Visas. A lot of the other AFS Costa Rican students were there too, and it was really cool to exchange experiences with them. The funny thing was that this time the common language was Spanish...unlike the first San Jose Orientation which was all in English.

After talking to some other students who are having trouble adjusting, I realize that I got placed with a really great family and I'm very thankful for a rather smooth adjustment.

After the meeting, we all walked to the San Jose mall and had fun socializing with other people from our home countries...in our own language. I'm very pleased to say that I had trouble speaking English at first because I kept wanting to respond in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment