Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Adventure Begins


Finally... The adventure begins. After months of thinking, dreaming... and applying(!), it's actually happening. I got word this week that my application was accepted for a six-month program in Costa Rica starting in July. I hope that soon I'll find out about my host family so that I can begin communicating with them.



It just sunk in that it's really going to happen. In a few months, I'll wake up and I'll be in Costa Rica. Mostly I'm really excited, but also a little bit scared. There's a lot I don't know yet. Whatever happens, I know it will be great. I'm really excited about becoming fluent in Spanish. I'm excited about new, exotic foods. I'm excited about seeing the beautiful country of Costa Rica.



My family got an old VHS tape about Costa Rica from our local library, and we watched it together. It was funny because it was about 20 years old, but it still gave a sense for the incredible natural beauty of the country. Two oceans, rain forests, volcanoes, amazing wildlife... and all within such a small area.



Sure, there's a lot I don't know yet, but how can I not be excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment